Credits    Navigation      philipdick.com     Novels    Short Stories     References

PsiMan1.gif (6149 bytes)
aaPinkBeam.GIF (249 bytes) aaPinkBeam.GIF (249 bytes) aaPinkBeam.GIF (249 bytes)

Number

Writing Date

Pub. Date

Previous

Next

Notes

79

<Jun 8, 1954

Nov 1955

A World of Talent

Service Call

MS title: "Outside Consultant"

FIRST PUBLICATION

HISTORY:

    PKD followed "A World of Talent" a few days later with his story "Outside Consultant" the manuscript arriving at the SMLA on June 8, 1954. The title was changed to "Psi-Man, Heal My Child!" by the time of publication in Imaginative Tales in Nov 1955. The story was selected by Don Wollheim for his 1973 collection THE BOOK OF PHILIP K. DICK and then nothing until THE COLLECTED STORIES. Comments on it are non-existent.

    In a post-nuclear future survivors spurn the scientific offerings of their communes in favor of the mutant psi-talents of those living outside. In effect they reject science for magic. The psis themselves display many talents, one of them can travel through time and does so in an effort to prevent the war that has brought the world to its sorry state. But this effort fails and in the end the psis decide to help the present populace with their powers.

    "Psi-Man, Heal My Child!" deserves ó ó ó


Other Magazine and Anthology appearances.    Click here for Cover Pix: aaaPKDickBooks.jpg (3234 bytes)

1973 bookofPKDDAW1973.jpeg (6917 bytes) THE BOOK OF PHILIP K. DICK, {as "Psi-Man"}    
1977   THE TURNING WHEEL And other Stories, Coronet, pb, ?, 1977, ?, ? (?)  
1987   THE COLLECTED STORIES OF PKD  

NOTES:

 

 


Collector’s Notes

 


Credits    Navigation      philipdick.com     Novels    Short Stories     References